What I Played Today: January 8

Famiglia, Thunderstone, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood

Another round at the table with the new games. A couple of games of Famiglia saw some experimentation, and both times my opponent got stuck with a hand that he couldn’t use, once because he didn’t have the right colors in hand (and couldn’t get them) and the second time because he ran out of cards in his hand. It appears going overboard with the special abilities will drain your power faster than you can afford. I did end the second game with a lot of points, being able to clean up the deck after my opponent had to pass for good. It was kinda fun.

A game of Thunderstone with some new cards, include the bard, who is all badass for no good reason. It was interesting, if a bit slow, as the deck wasn’t shuffled well enough (a lot of cards ended up next to each other), and while we had some good spells in play, a third of the monsters were immune to magic. I think I lost? I can’t remember.

Also played a crapton of AC: Brotherhood, shooting from level 30 to level 34. I was doing pretty well most games, getting on the podium about half the time, and completing some nice achievements that boosted the experience. There were also a lot of real dummies about, I must have gotten a lure over 20 times across a dozen games.

No comments:

Post a Comment