What I Played Today: September 19

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

I rented another Harvest Moon game! I kinda like this one a lot! Of course, I feel that way immediately about every Harvest Moon game, so we’ll see how far we get before it starts feeling obnoxious. But this one gives a lot of things to you that previous games didn’t, and that’s a nice change of pace.

The story in this one is the main character shows up to become a rancher and has a fairy following him around telling him that he needs to see the Harvest Goddess, because some terrible shit is going down that is preventing the wind, earth, water, and fire from working correctly. After fixing the bridge to the mining district and convincing some dumb animals (including a monkey) to let me through, the Harvest Goddess tells me that I need to ring five bells in order to restore the land to its former glory, and of course all these damn bells are currently lost. So, that’s the task I need to handle, and it actually needs to happen, otherwise I can’t get any of the upgrades or equipment I’ll need to make my farm a success.

So I’m planting turnips, taking care of a little duck, and running around town trying to get these jerks to help me out. One weird thing is that plot relevant information will only happen indoors, so if I meet someone I need to talk to on the street, they’ll just kinda look at me funny and comment about the weather. Hey jerk! I need to ring this red bell! Heard of it?

Also, one thing I liked for a dumb reason was that when you go to bed, a little dialogue window pops up with two options, “Go to Bed” and “Stay Awake.” I just chuckle at the concept of someone standing over their bed yelling “STAY AWAKE! STAY AWAKE!”

No comments:

Post a Comment