What I Played Today: February 3

Card Monsters, The Cave

I was screwing around on Kongregate, playing one of those dumb CCGs that they have. I still think the design is dang tight in this one (the name of which I am pretty much guessing on), but man...having to powerlevel in order to get better cards is a little annoying.

THIS DOES REMIND ME! So...near the beginning of the year, I had collected a fair bit of points in my PowerUpRewards card, and I didn't want anything in particular, so I was building up to get a KongPro account (since I got free points from Kongregate every day, and would get double if I had a KongPro account). Finally got enough, I cashed in for a free 12-month account (market value: $30). Then, pretty much two weeks after I buy that, they change their policy so that anyone with a PowerUpRewards Plus Card (or whatever) would enjoy the benefits of having a KongPro account! Oh also, KongPro members don't get double points for the badge of the day anymore. The only benefit I got for cashing in for the account that I wouldn't have gotten was 50 free KongCoins (market value: $5.) (I am starting to feel like a complete idiot saying the name of all these dumb things out loud.) So...I felt kind of ripped off at first, and then I remembered that these points were being giving me for free for stuff I would have purchased anyway. (Also, a good 10,000 points of what I had I acquired by trading in games, meaning I in fact got paid to receive those points.) Anyway, long story short, doing what corporations ask you to is dumb.

Also played through the Hillbilly puzzle in The Cave, I had most of it figured out, but I couldn't figure out how to make the weight guessing puzzle work at all, so I cheated and looked it up. And then I set everything on fire. Hurray fire. (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment