What I Played Today: January 8

Ora et Labora, Skyrim

I finally got to sit down and try out this new Uwe Rosenburg game, Ora et Labora, and tried out the solo player, which is a bit different than other solo versions in that the player gets even more options than a three player game, but a lot of problems to overcome too. The solo game is long as hell, longer than all other versions of the game, and has a really high score total you have to build to. There are a lot of places to get points; from buildings, from building settlements near desirable locations, to certain resources. I built up to being able to get a lot of whisky in one go, 16 cases of whisky, and I thought that would be good enough, but I was still down 150 points at the end. Man, I don't know. I'm going to avoid looking up strategies for this, since the game doesn't have any random elements, so the game could be potentially solved. Still, at two hours a game, I doubt someone will figure that out any time soon.

Also played some Skyrim, because hey, it exists. I did some companion stuff, got pretty far in one dungeon and I got killed deep in it, only to discover it hadn't saved at all, so I had to start over. So...I stopped. Bah, I saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment