What I Played Today: June 11

Guild Wars 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf

Guild Wars 2 has a new event and boy it is confusing! It's the annual Dragon Bash, which involves making pinatas of dragons and beating the crap out of them and eating candy. Which is fair, if your society was at war with some immortal evil dragons, of course you would make light of them at a dumb festival. What I don't get it is also setting up magical holograms that can and will kill anyone who comes across them randomly in the wilderness, including a GIANT TERRIFYING HOLOGRAM OF A DRAGON over the capitol city that probably terrifies the crap of out-of-towners. What's with the holograms? How exactly is creating more monsters for absolutely no reason a celebration? This thing is worse than Bonaroo.

Also, my friends keep on talking about Animal Crossing, so I picked it up and am playing it. I got moved into the town and managed to get my home off the ground by the first night, so that's good. Tom Nook is still a bastard, but at least he doesn't force you do errands for him before he will squeeze you for a 40,000 bell loan. But sure, this should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment