What I Played Today: June 18

Peggle Nights, Reus

Still Internet-less, and I thought about packing today, but then I said "Screw it!" so I went home and screwed around with a few games that were just chilling on my Steam list. First a simple 15 levels of Peggle Nights, because Peggle. Peggle's pretty great, right? Did they announce Peggle 2? I think some guy did something weird when it happened.

Then I played a couple of games of Reus, which I guess I haven't talked about yet? Must have played it during the lost weeks. Anyway, this game has you in control of four giants who can create biomes on this planet, and populate it with resources. You try to manage the resources, synergize them with each other, so that the villages that emerge can prosper and complete their projects. The type of thing you get depends on what you place and in what biome, and you can upgrade it if you give it the right aspect, and it seems complicated, but it's really fun to just crunch at and try to figure out. The game is divided up so that you have to get a certain number of achievements before you unlock the next set of resources, and I finally managed to unlock Level 2 after about four games. Then I saw the achievements required for Level 3, and I said "Oof." I can't get a village to 250 prosperity, how am I suppose to get one to 3000? Maybe the new resources will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment