What I Played Today: August 25

Guild Wars 2, Persona 4 Golden, Mario and Luigi Dream Team

I'm trying to care about the latest event in Guild Wars 2 but man they had made this one as obnoxious as possible. Turns out every hour or so, an invasion starts in an area and there are a ton of fucking robots and pirates and dredges just being huge dicks all over a zone, and so everyone needs to show up and kill them all in order to force the bad guy to show up. The only problem is that the challenge feels unbalanced, as the enemies are ridiculously difficult to take down, and you only have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. Oh, and if you don't enter the challenge from the start, you'll get tossed to an overflow region where the event isn't happening, and you won't get credit. And you have to participate in five of these to even unlock the stupid arena where they sell the rewards. So...five hours of pretty much slamming your head against the wall to even START playing the event. I don't know...seems mishandled, is all. Plus working with others, gross.

I also spent a bit of time playing Persona 4 Golden, because I can. Can't be stopped! Officially in Naoto's dungeon, I really don't know how these people couldn't figure out Naoto's secret from the beginning, come on. I'm currently at the point while playing a Persona game in which I'm concerned that I'm not social linking enough and I won't get Max Social Links, and I don't know why I ever worry about that, because I NEVER get Max Social Links, so why do I even try? I'm kinda stupid!

Also started Mario and Luigi Dream Team. It is pretty weird, as it has been pointed out to me that Nintendo does not believe you have ever played a video game before, but the game also has a ton of recurring characters that they don't introduce you to at all? Like, you don't think I know how to jump, but you think I know who the fuck Starley is? Come on guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment