What I Played Today: October 16

Bloodbound, Senji

There's a new hidden roles game in town and it's called Bloodbound! This game is different because there are two equal team and you're only really sure about your role and maybe the team of the person on your right. Then it's a matter of figuring out who is on whose team and sorting out the leader of each team (the leader being the player with the lowest number) and stabbing the leader of the other team. If you do, your team wins! Otherwise, the other team wins. There is also occasionally a third team that is trying to target the leader of the winning team and can fake It's a pretty good game, with just enough uncertainty, some cool abilities, and a lot of chance for lying. I just need to figure out the best way to do it.

We played two games, the first one went well, although I called the shots and managed to lose the game when I targeted a player who was pretending to be the leader when he was just some scrub. The second game I was the leader and was being ignored for most of the game, and it eventually came down to the entire other team gunning for my head and failing, only for me to secure the win...and it turns out the third team had me pegged and won instead. Curses!

Then an...area-control game? I'm not sure if that's what it actually is...I didn't enjoy it. Each turn you can trade cards from your hand that only do bad things for you whenever someone else uses them? And then you can fight people, but you don't get points for control territories, but rather from fighting big fights? And there's also a deck of cards that you can get points from but not reliably? I don't know, I think I hate it. Boo Senji.

No comments:

Post a Comment