What I Played Today: October 2

Terraria, Rune Factory 4

I accidentally tricked someone else into playing Terraria with me, and we did that for a long time! We played on somebody's server and built stuff and dug underground and there is a snow level now! With penguins! Anyway, I managed to upgrade my pickaxe and axe, so things should go a little faster now.

Also, I got Rune Factory 4! And it's perfectly suitable! The UI and artwork is a lot cleaner now that they have more space on the card, and everything seems a bit more reasonable. For one thing, the field is no longer gigantic and imposing, there are maybe 48 spots to plant a seed instead of 300, and the game is a lot tighter in general.

The story is beyond stupid though. For one, the first thing you do is select your gender, except you do it in a fairly insulting way. You are asked to respond to being an airship; one response is pretty gung-ho, another is a bit timid. Because I hate gung-ho characters, I chose the timid option. Apparently choosing that option will make you a female character, because ALL women are timid and scared of heights and all men are boisterous assholes. UG. Just...just ask me what gender I want to play as.

Anyway, some bullshit happens, you fall off an airship and into a castle with a dragon, and everyone in the castle assumes you are a Prince named Arthur, who is coming to run the town. So they set you up with a cool room and give you run of the castle and then the real Prince Arthur shows and just...let's you keep being the Prince! SURE! That makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment