What I Played Today: October 1

Grand Theft Auto V, Terraria

I am still clicking through Grand Theft Auto, did some desert stuff, including tracking down a bailjumper, then leapt back on the main mission trail, and I am starting to feel like this game is intentionally wasting my time. There has been ZERO reward for the last four major missions that pull all the characters together. You get absolutely no money for a high-risk helicopter extraction, an explosive theft in which you ultimately just return what you stole, a smash-and-grab of an armored car that leads to a prolonged police shootout, and a chase mission that inexplicably requires you driving THE ENTIRE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE MAP. Wasn't this game about fucking heists? Wasn't I going to be casing joints, hiring drivers and hackers, building up these detailed plans, and getting paid? Because so far, I appear to be jerked around by a bunch of assholes who can't even bother to pay for my fucking expenses. I paid good money for these masks, guys.

There was also this really really weird part in which I had to get a getaway car for a mission in which they never told me where the mission would be taking place? So I just...parked a car somewhere, hoping that was good enough. Then the mission happens, cops show up, cops GET BORED and go away, and then I have to jump into one of the vehicles we used (just one! There's still another vehicle there that we used that probably has a ton of evidence all over it), and drive it halfway across town to the getaway car and destroy the vehicle I was driving previously. Um...why?! Why the hell did I need to do that? Why did I need to blow up this vehicle again? Was that part of the plan? Why was that part of the plan? Who the hell came up with the plan? And isn't the point of a getaway car to get away from the scene of the crime? Because I quite easily got away from the scene of the crime and then drove somewhere else to create another crime. And ultimately, the real package, the thing we stole, was being transported in someone else's easily-traceable private car, so that entire thing was extremely pointless. Like I said...intentionally wasting my time.

Also there was apparently a huge update to Terraria, which is great because I love Terraria, so I decided to start playing from scratch. I built my little hut, starting digging into the ground, apparently there is lead and tin now? I don't remember if there was lead and tin before, and if that means anything. Also when it rains, goldfish just start walking around on the ground, and the zombies wear raincoats. That is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment