What I Played Today: November 1

Bottle Imp, Get Bit, Bloodbound, King of Tokyo, The Resistance, Compounded

There's a new game play area in town, and I went to the grand opening. It was crowded! And they now serve food and beer there, so that'll ruin someone's game one night. But I'm cool with having more space, so that's good!

Anyway, after we finally found a table after they opened up the convention space (Yeah, they have CONVENTION SPACE now), I wanted to play a game immediately, so I suggested Bottle Imp, a trick-taking game with a twist. The twist is...don't hang on to the one card. You will lose. Guess what I hung onto? But it's interesting enough, I liked it, I would play it for a good fifteen minutes.

Then a couple of games of Get Bit, which is a pointless litle game! You play a card and hope that nobody played the same card, then change position in a line based on what you played, and then the last person in line loses a limb. Lose four limbs and you are out. Dumb fast game.

And then a couple of games of Bloodbound, which I still kind of like, and these couple of games went really well, if for the wrong reasons. The first game was a learning game and moved quickly, but the second game involved both harlequins, who didn't seem to understand what team they were on exactly, so the harlequin of the opposite team was working with me, which the harlequin of my team was gunning for me. Which was HILARIOUS. It could have been disastrous if only one of them made that mistake, but the fact that both of them did was just great.

And then a game of King of Tokyo that I sleptwalked through to win. Boring dice games. And then a game of Resistance in which we managed to put three of the four spies on one mission because we were being Idiots. Someone did something weird, and instead of assuming that they just did something weird, we assumed they were spies, and that was stupid. And of course the "leader" thought I was a spy, because I come off spy-ish ALL THE TIME! It's how I talk!

Then a game that was kind of about science, but was more just a blind draw and resource matching game. It just has science stuff all around it. But hey, it was competent, and I won, so that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment