What I Played Today: February 15

Grim Fandango

Oh my god I can finally play Grim Fandango! I can't wait to be disappointed due to several years of people telling me how great it is!

Actually it's pretty good, although it is still a mid-90's adventure game. Some of the puzzles I've run into are obscure and weird (wait, I need to hole punch the playing card? Why on Earth would I think to do that?), but the dialogue is fun and snappy, and the story spins out right when you think it might be predictable.

But the puzzles are designed to be obnoxious (the first, obvious solution is always wrong) and some of these areas they designed are too big. Once I realized I screwed up and needed to visit the balloon man again, I almost stopped playing, because goddamn I didn't want to spend another full minute just walking my ass over there and back. We'll see how far I get, there's still plenty of game left.

No comments:

Post a Comment