What I Played Today: September 19

Splatoon, Super Mario Maker

I made a quick decision today (which might be a mistake based on my future vision, in which I suddenly need to buy new tires), and decided to buy a WiiU, because the time seems ripe! The console kinda keeps getting better, you know? I picked up the Splatoon bundle, as well as picked up the thing du jour, Super Mario Maker.

I got it set up and started playing, only to start losing pretty much constantly. That's not a great feeling! But the game is kind of pretty good. It's a shooter that cares more about territory control than K/D ratios, it makes a lot of interesting subtle decisions (like during the character creation screen, the "girl" option is on the left side) and it's just...kinda fun! I have a lot of fun finding a corner of the world that I can cover up, and occasionally fighting over territory near the center. Too bad I can't seem to win...at all, but I'll have a new weapon soon, then they will see...

In Super Mario Maker, I made a couple of very simple levels, and then was uncermoniously told to come back in two days to get some more tools. All I got right now is goombas! What am I going to do with just goombas? Have it rain goombas? That's silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment