What I Played Today: November 6

Pandemic Legacy

I played a couple of Pandemic Legacy games today, and the latest developments in the month of April are not going be surprising at all! I am, in fact, mad that I did see this coming. You already know immediately what I'm talking about, and I'm sorry for kinda spoiling this, but it's not really a spoiler. Not really. You figured. Shall we?


Yeah it's fucking zombies. That was obvious, right? It was clear from the get that I would be popping open one of these boxes and there would be a small baggie full of zombies, right? I mean, they are called "Faded" here, but the victims of this deadly disease that I can't cure are both violent and lethargic, and like, yeah, come the fuck on.


ANYWAY, I did pull down a couple of wins, so...I imagine that my next few games are going to end horribly, as the game is geared towards punishing success, for some reason. But I squeaked out a victory in March, just barely, by making a few strategic decisions, including changing out a character midgame. (Which is a really, really good card that should probably be in every game). Then I had the game in April, in which I had precisely ONE infection in my problem disease area, so I was just trucking along, feeling great, and then the game came with its midgame surprise by springing the zombies on me, and I was suddenly overrun in the Pacific Rim. I'm not even sure what happened. BUT I managed to successful run my generalist in and quarantine a few vital cities, and find the necessary cures after the fifth epidemic, which is the latest this game has gotten. I'm kinda surprised I won, but I'll take it!


So now I'm stuck with exactly no funding and a goddamn zombie invasion that will get out of control fast, but I've got high hopes for May. I accidentally know that May is going to give me a new character, and it's probably a zombie hunter, but the game is moving in an insane if predictable direction and I want to see just where exactly we go from here. I mean, EVENTUALLY we will be able to cure this goddamn virus, right? Right?

EDIT: OH SHIT I just realized that forgot the rule about collapsing cities and I might have accidentally cheated in my last game. Well, no harm no foul, I'm pretty sure that character had a worthless card that allowed them to drop into Ho Chi Minh City (my only collapsing city), so I won't worry about, but I've got to pay attention to these rules, as it's only going to get worse from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment