What I Played Today: January 16

One Night Werewolf, Zombie Dice, Pig, Poker

It was my sister's birthday, and we went out to a pretty nice restaurant and had some very good meats. I had a seafood dish with the best risotto I've ever tasted. I barely mind that the meal took over two hours for some reason.

After that we came home and shared games with each other. I taught One Night Werewolf to them, which they actually quite enjoyed and really got into, so that's cool. A couple of the games did come down to "Oh, we are all villains, so we win," or "Oh, we are all villagers and have completely screwed each other in a way that nobody wins," but that's just a problem with the three-person rule set. The game is best with five, frankly. Got to have at least five.

Then a round of Zombie Dice, because Zombie Dice is mindless enough. At this point my sister wants to show me a game she plays a lot, Pig, which is a push-your-luck game as well but also more specifically cruel in not allowing you to score points. You play to exactly 10,000, but you have to get 1000 points in one roll in order to actually start playing the game, which seems needlessly cruel. One person spent until the second to last round just...not scoring. It was definitely a bar game, but that's fine.

Then we had to teach Poker to someone, so we played for quarters, and I managed to steal six dollars from my sister. Well, it was money she wasn't using anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment