What I Played Today: January 18

Skyforge, Final Fantasy XIV

Against my better judgement, I downloaded another fullscale free-to-play MMO because I'm kind of a dummie! I'm sorry, I accidentally clicked on a link and saw something that looked like the Spheregrid and my mind immediately went "DOWNLOAD THIS IMMEDIATELY." So after an evening of downloading, I did, and I played a good thirty minute and I thought, "This is remarkably competent?" Like, the gameplay is fast and simple, a nice action hybrid with some fun positioning mechanics, and it is remarkably, if inconsistently, stylistic. I boot it up and am giving a choice of three random heavily armored gentlemen, two fantasy-clad ladies, and Teresa from down the block. I OF COURSE choose Teresa, and it just creates this WEIRD dissonance that I kinda like? Like, why is this put-together woman hanging out on an Final Fantasy airship? Oh, she's a god? Good for Tina.

I guess my only complaint is that the story is garbage and the acting is bad? This is an MMO, I don't give a shit about story. I...I think I might actually playing this.

I also dumped more of my time into Final Fantasy XIV, because that book needs completing, and I've got this weird quest still stinking up my quest log, so I might as well complete that, and the point of this entire blog post is that I've got really bad impulse control.

No comments:

Post a Comment