What I Played Today: January 4

Guilty Party

Hey, I finally killed that terrifying monster I was fighting in one of my daily games. It only took a week and a half until it was weak enough for me to consider attacking him, but with that done, I can move on to another aspect of the game…one that will require me spending millions of ingame currency…sigh.

I got Guilty Party in the mail, and I was really enamored with it until I got to a certain point. It plays a bit like a board game, in which you move from room to room collecting clues, in which you’re trying to find how tall and fat the guilty party was (which, considering, is pretty silly in terms of figuring out whodunit). Then it started going downhill when I realized that to get any clue, I have to complete the mini-game in front of it, and if it’s one that, say, requires me to tickle somebody’s face while they are constantly blowing away the feather, it sucks. Or, for example, the last clue you need to figure out who did it is behind a locked door and you don’t have a skeleton key? You will have to waste turn after turn randomly drawing cards until you get the card you want or the door unlocks automatically. It’s a bit annoying, and when you can’t get a clue you’ll potentially need because you just can’t manage the damn minigame, there are some limitations. I also don’t like that the black guy has a lisp. Or that one of the character’s heads is WAY too big. But it’s a clever idea, a good way to link together a bunch of crappy motion-based minigames together without being annoying. (Looking at YOU, Mario Party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment