What I Played Today: July 12

Sentinels of the Multiverse, Star Wars: The Card Game, Noir, Battleline

Game night! We lost badly in a game of Sentinels of the Multiverse against Miss Information, mainly because the environment just screwed us.

Then someone finally wants to play the Star Wars: The Card Game, so we played it. This game has some really tight mechanics, the games are always so close. There's a ton of cheese, but also cheese is easily countered, so... In the first game, my opponent got Darth Vader out turn one and just had him to swing at me constantly, but I managed to get out a speeder with Wedge Antilles in it, which allowed me to explode two objectives in the same turn, it was stupid. Second game was less interesting generally.

And since everyone else was in longer games, the two of us just played some two-player games for a bit. A game of Noir, which came down to the wire as we both knew who we were and it was just who got a chance to pounce first. And a game of Battleline, which I hadn't played before, but is a fairly simple set creation game, with some rules I didn't quite get. For example, "in a row" means next to each other, not consecutively. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment