What I Played Today: July 8

Guild Wars 2, Magic: The Gathering, Civilization V

I did something odd in Guild Wars 2 today; I was hopeful and disappointed that the new update didn't roll out yet, so I snooped around at some achievements, and apparently there was something called a mini-dungeon? So I went in there and it was a bunch of jumping puzzles and I kind of hated it. I didn't even get to the boss, because I was sick of getting knocked off of things.

Also played some Magic 2014. I had forgotten about the Eldrazi! Those things are nasty. They are huge, colorless creatures that force the opponent to sacrifice 2-4 permanents EVERY TIME THEY ATTACK! Holy moly. I also got the sliver deck. Hurray slivers. They sure aren't boring.

Also, at about 11:30, the brand new Civilization V expansion came out, and I had to get in on that. They added a bunch of stuff that I didn't understand, a new cultural goal and trade routes, and more civilizations, and holy god somehow it looks really good. Like, the game looks physically different and cleaner. Exciting! I made it about 50 turns until I got a little tired, but I really want to dig into this.


No comments:

Post a Comment