What I Played Today: December 21

Friday

In a fit of pique, I downloaded the Tabletop Simulator, because it actually seems like a decent program and I would really like a program with which I can easily simulate a few playtests I want to do. While the Tabletop Simulator is...imperfect in this regard, it also allows me to play a couple of games that have been foundering on my shelf that some people were kind enough to translate into Tabletop Simulator. Surely, if I already own the game, there's nothing wrong with simulating it on my computer. That's the rule, right?

Anyway, I played a game of Friday to get use to the various controls of the program, and it works pretty well, as long as you know what you are doing. I do, so that's nice. A lot of flipping of cards and etc, but it's just as good as finding the game, digging it out, and then playing the dining room for an hour like a weirdo, only to lose unceremoniously right before fighting the pirates. (That's what happened. I lost from a few bad draws and also ACCIDENTALLY shuffling the super-old cards with the regular-old cards. So...a little asterisk next to that loss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment