What I Played Today: March 19

Blood Bowl Team Manager, Cleopatra

I played a two-player game of Blood Bowl, and it ended up being really fun! The game has a quick one-two punch when you really get down to it, as you quickly build up your deck, try to play the cards in the best positions, and etc. I won because I was able to get a lot of star players, and my deck let me cycle through to find them, giving me a bit of an advantage.

Then a game of Cleopatra, which I hadn’t actually played before. It’s basically a game in which you are slowly building up a common area, playing cards from your hand to buy things and gain points. But, if you use some of the more powerful cards or attempt to keep too many cards, you gain corruption, which is bad, because whoever has the most corruption at the end of the game is fed to the alligators, and automatically loses. So, despite the fact that I didn’t think I built very well, and I didn’t gain as much corruption as everyone else, I also didn’t use the action that would allow to get rid of my corruption, which means even though I had the most points somehow, I also lost immediately, which is nonsense. The game is pretty cute with all its pieces though.

No comments:

Post a Comment